Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunday= fun day?!

I should know better! Really, I should! It's a Sunday in Southern Europe- why would I expect the grocery store to be open?!

It's interesting. Today at church, the priest talked about being more the people in your life and less about things. I sat there nodding my head "yes, yes...that's it. We need to be about making memories and sharing our time with the people we care about." Not more than 30 minutes later, I was saying " don't the people we care about need to eat too?". 
I do like the idea of stores being closed on Sunday - as long as I'm prepared! And, it wasn't just the grocery store that was closed, even the large general merchandise retailers were closed. 

I appreciate that the Spanish are committed to Sunday as a day of rest, I just wish that they would have told me before I ate my last two eggs this morning! I'll get used to the "no store Sunday" routine. I will have to find another way to pass the time and I will probably even like it! 
I have learned when traveling that I need to be flexible so I will stop at McDonald's for breakfast. There are just some habits that can't be broken :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment